The community development fund has been set up to help fund communities working together, on local projects, which have a positive effect in their area.
South Shropshire Housing Association and Meres and Mosses Housing Association are willing to provide funds and assistance in the form of guidance, to new and existing projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Benefits our tenants and develops links with the wider community
- Encourages interaction between different generations within the whole community
- Leads to activities people want, but no one currently provides
- Generates training or employment opportunities
Community Development Fund - Grants up to £5,000
A long term investment in a project, for example:
- Better management of open spaces to enhance wildlife, clean up derelict space or get people running their own community gardens
- Community groups, such as sports teams, youth groups, parent and toddler groups to encourage new skills e.g... computer skills
- Skills development for young people such as basic mechanics, basic cookery or home maintenance, as long as the skills lead to employment or improved life skills
For more information please read the leaflet available on the links section above.
If you would like to speak to someone regarding the fund, please email or call 0300 303 1190
You are here: Page 1 of 3