Tenants, leaseholders, shared owners and owner occupiers may pay a service charge for additional services and day to day running costs not covered by their rent.
Service charges include
- Accommodation related services, e.g.. cleaning of communal areas, electricity, lighting and heating of communal rooms etc.
- Digital aerials maintenance and sinking funds
- Estate maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
- Insurance for shared owners and leaseholders
- Sheltered Housing service charge
- Sewerage charges
- Water charges for those on water pumps
- Sinking funds for the repair and planned replacement of communal items
The service charges leaflet explains in more detail the service charges we have, and how service charges are calculated. See the links section for more information.