We welcome feedback and value any suggestions you may have about our services.
Comments & Suggestions
If you have a comment or suggestion to make about our services, or have an idea about how we can improve our services, please tell us. We will look at your suggestion and see if we can use it.
We aim to ensure that you receive a high standard of service at all times. However, we know that occasionally we will make mistakes or our services, or the work of our contractors may not come up to an acceptable standard and you may wish to complain.
If you have any queries about the quality of service you can expect from us, please ask a member of staff; many queries can be sorted out this way. If you wish to complain about the service or think your query has not been dealt with properly then let us know.
Please read through our complaints leaflet to understand our process first.
We also welcome compliments about our colleagues or our services. If you want to make a compliment, please tell us. We will acknowledge your compliment and will pass it on to the staff or team concerned to ensure that they know that good customer service is recognised as important to our organisation and to you.
You can email your compliment or complaint here or use the online forms.
We aim to give you the highest level of customer service.
When you visit our office it will be:
- Clearly signposted inside and out
- Accessible by all
- Clean, tidy and welcoming
- A child friendly environment
You will not wait more than 2 minutes to be seen at the counter.
If you wish to speak to a specific member of staff, you should not have to wait more than 10 minutes, if they are available to speak to you.
We will ask you if you would like to be seen in private, and provide an interview room.
When you call us we will:
- Answer the phone promptly and politely
- Do our best to answer your query at the first point of contact
- Return all messages within one working day
If we are unable to get the information that you have asked for, we will call you and update you on the progress of your query.
We are open during office hours, and we have a 24 hour emergency line in place outside of these hours. This emergency line can be accessed by ringing the usual phone number.
When you write, email or fax us we will:
- Acknowledge your letter within 10 working days
- Be helpful and take account of your views
- All our letters will be clear and easy to understand and free from jargon.
When we visit your home we will:
- Show an identification badge
- Normally make an appointment before we visit you
- Call you if we will be later than the arranged appointment