SUSTAIN Support Services
South Shropshire Housing Association and Meres and Mosses Housing Association are a lead partner of the SUSTAIN Consortium, which provides housing support to people all over Shropshire as part of a programme funded by Shropshire Council.
Housing Support Services aim to help vulnerable people to develop the skills and experience to be able to maintain their own accommodation and live independently in the community.
Support services are given through individual and group support aimed to help people to develop their own networks and friendships.
Group activities and training are also hosted in local areas covering a wide range of topics with the aim of increasing personal skills.
What Housing Support can help you with:
- Budgeting - reducing household bills and making ends meet
- Benefits - applications and appeals
- Finding a new home, a lodger, house swap or house share
- Avoiding eviction
- Contacting services, groups and agencies
- Coping in your own home - managing your post, bills and appointments
- Aids and adaptations - changing your property to suit your needs
- Becoming involved in the community - activities, events and groups
- Staying safe - coping with domestic violence, household security
- Finding social care or help at home
- Self harm - substance or alcohol abuse
- Concerned about someone else
Who is eligible?
Those in need of housing support irrespective of where they live, or whether they own their own home or not.
How do you get this service?
You will be able to access services through local hubs by attending a drop-in session, an event or activity or by making a direct referral (please see below).
Further support can then be arranged.
To make a direct referral for support please call 0845 234 24 24 or 01743 285159 or click here for a referral form.
Bishops Castle, Church Stretton, Clee Hill, Cleobury Mortimer, Craven Arms, Ludlow and surrounding areas.
Contact South Shropshire Housing Association on 0300 303 1190
Albrighton, Bridgnorth, Broseley, Much Wenlock and surrounding areas.
Contact STAR Housing on 01743 210 223
Market Drayton, Wem, Whitchurch and surrounding areas
Contact Meres and Mosses Housing Association on 0300 303 1190
Oswestry and surrounding areas
Contact STAR Housing 01743 210 223 or visit their website
Condover, Harlescott, Minsterley, Monkmoor, Town Centre
Contact Severnside Housing 0845 234 24 24 or visit their website